06 February 2007

Lividity

I get the distinct feeling that the members of today's band, Lividity, are a bunch of wankers, so before I say anything more about them I'm going to engage in a bit of self-indulgence myself. I'm all chuffed and stuff about my myspace prowess. I realise it's not actually that impressive to get people adding you as friends, or commenting on your profile, but I don't care: I think it's fucking ace that Massacre added me, and I'm all chuffed that Blasphtized left a positive comment on my profile. In a distinctly un-myspace-like fashion, I'm not just harvesting contacts on there to up my numbers, preferring the lower key approach of just sending an add request to each band I chat about (and like; Thus Defiled didn't get one *cough*). That's it as far as promoting this blog goes, and it's really pleasing when it gets noticed. Anyway, back to Lividity.

So, I said they're probably a bunch of wankers. I don't mean that they're unpleasant people, I really do mean they're probably furious masturbators. They seem a little single-minded in their subject matter, right off the bat describing themselves as "Cum soaked torture grind". Not exactly yer romantic types, perhaps I should have waited until February 14th to write about them but, in homage to a song called "No Time For Lube" I figure being premature could work.

Of course, birds love a bit of rough, so it's feasible perhaps that the members of Lividity pull all the time. I for one can't say for certain I'd be that interested in a bird who isn't at least slightly turned off by, say, the picture that comes up on myspace's player when listening to the song "Pussy Lover". Or, say, the lyrics to any of their songs. That said, I'm not here to slag these guys off. I'm here to praise them, in fact. I think the music's actually pretty fucking good and, aptly enough for this blog, there's definitely some proper squealage going on. As well as, I dunno, not so much oinking as perhaps the sound of pigs hunting for truffles (as I type this I'm listening to the aforementioned "No Time For Lube". At work. Heh.)

Anyway, yes. I'm not slagging Lividity off; but I am genuinely amazed. I'm well aware that an awful lot of death metal bands are involved in a race to the bottom where taste, offensiveness, and overall decency are concerned. I remember GWAR getting banned from playing in at least one London borough, and may even have thought back in the early 90s Cannibal Corpse genuinely reached it. But I was young and naive. No more. So even here in 2007 (which, I discovered just this morning, is -- I kid you not -- YEAR OF THE PIG) with so many other bands on my list to go check out I can't say for sure that Lividity have reached the bottom (based purely on their name I reckon Stump Fucking may already be closer) but, so far as the subject of sex goes, they're surely strong contenders.

No comments: