08 February 2007

Avulsed

According to dictionary.com, avulsion is "the forcible tearing away of a body part by trauma or surgery". Nice. I wonder which body part Avulsed are on about?



Spanish pigs today. A proper proper band as it goes, been around for yonks and all that. Not that I'd heard of them before this year, but we already established that I was rubbish at keeping up with death metal for years (my contention that death metal itself was rubbish in the late 90s and early 00s has been dealt with in private; colour me chastised). Anyway, yeah, Avulsed seem to have been around for yonks, with a bunch of splits and CDs under their belt, some decent gore-inspired Autopsy-style artwork and song titles -- I particularly like Stabwound Orgasm lads -- but best of all their lead singer's name is Dave Rotten.

Oink! I really liked all four songs I just listened to on myspace as it goes. And having headed over to their official site for more it's all gone a bit wrong. Not musically, at least not in what I'm hearing, but in what I'm reading. Yes, they've done an instrumental. What is it with (death) metal instrumentals? They're almost always bollocks, and certainly not something this blog's interested in. Where's the oinkage and squealage? Sigh. Anyway, I've also just learnt that their taste for song titles sometimes goes a bit awry. "Burnt But Not Carbonized"? Nice. "Eat Foetal Mush"? Well played. "Cadaver Decapitado"? Good effort. "Homeless Necrophile"? Like it, like a lot. "Addicted To Red Bull"? Err.... "Powered Fish"? Please please tell me that's meant to be "Powdered Fish" -- although even then, uh, what the fuck? Hmm, that said, those last two do appear to be from some kind of remixes album, so perhaps they were just having a little bit of fun...

Anyway. Avulsed are great. They're playing with Fleshrot and all them other bands at the deathfest on June 16th in London too. Mint.

No comments: