09 February 2007

Gore Beyond Necropsy

I love Japan and the Japanese. They're mental. I'm not entirely sure why that popped into my head today but it did, so I ended up doing a search for Japanese death metal. That didn't come up with much, so changed it to Japanese grindcore and came across Gore Beyond Necropsy.

Whenever there's a "look at how the funny foreigners don't have a perfect grasp of English" TV show or photo section in a magazine or whatever, the Japanese always seem to feature prominently. That's because their economy's so strong they don't need to attract the English or Americans, as tourists or businessmen, to help them. They don't have to whore themselves out to our almighty sterling or dollar just to keep up 'cos thanks to that pacifist constitution we foisted upon 'em after WWII they went proper introvert and did pretty well for 'emselves ta very much.

Genuine socio-economic reasoning aside, the real point is that when the Japanese try and talk English it can sometimes be really fucking funny to a native English-speaker, such as wot I is one of innit. This is especially true when the Japanese in question are a death metal/grindcore band fitting in with the genre's traditions of song and album titleage. Here's a few of GBN's:
  • Shitter Than Shit
  • Steaming Bubbling Cadaverous Odor
  • Gurgling Spiral Repulsion
  • Horrendously Analdrilled
  • Filth Sounds Of Hatred
  • Rectal Anarchy

Oh, I so could go on, but fuck it, just go read them for yourselves. "Rectal Anarchy" made me involuntarily laugh out loud at my desk when I found it.

I don't think I'm even going to bother talking about the music. It's crazy Japanese grindcore, their album "Noise-a-go-go" has 55 tracks on it and lasts 25 minutes, they don't have a website or a myspace profile. Mental.

No comments: